Senior Living in Meridian, New York
Top zip codes in Meridian, NY: 13113
- Meridian scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Meridian scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Legacy Senior Living, Syracuse Home Association, and Mcharrie Towne.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Cato Golf Club, Ironwood Golf & Country Club, and Radisson Greens Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Beaver Lake Nature Center and Three Rivers State Game Management Area).
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Jordan United Methodist Church, St Patrick\'s Church, and Buck David J.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,015, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,383, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.78%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Meridian receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Meridian has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Meridian has an average population density of 553.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Meridian have a very long daily commute time.
- Meridian has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.93%.