Senior Living in Merrimack, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Merrimack, NH: 03054
- Merrimack scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Merrimack scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Elliot Hospital, St Joseph Hospital, and Southern Nh Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Merrimack Meadows, Brookdale Senior Living Nashua, and Ledgewood Bay at Milford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 277 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Passaconaway Country Club, Amherst Country Club, and Overlook , The.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Greeley Park, Mine Falls Park, and Silver Lake State Park.
- There are 177 churches in or near the city, including St John Neumann Church, Our Lady of Mercy, and Riverside Christian Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 163 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 138 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $101,505, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $91,200, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,698, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Merrimack receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Merrimack has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Merrimack has an average population density of 783.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Merrimack have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Merrimack has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.83%.