Senior Living in Mertztown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mertztown, PA: 19539
- Mertztown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mertztown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Buehrle Center, The Lutheran Home at Topton, and Wilson Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 151 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 84 golf courses in or around the city, including Berkleigh Country Club, Golden Oaks Country Club, and Rich Maiden Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Crystal Cave, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, and Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground.
- There are 123 churches in or near the city, including Longswamp United Church-Christ, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Trinity Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,632, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,683, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,931, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mertztown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mertztown has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mertztown has a sparse population density of 207.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mertztown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Mertztown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.35%.