Senior Living in Mesa, Arizona
- Mesa scores significantly higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Mesa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Arizona Spine And Joint Hospital, Banner Baywood Medical Center, and Banner Heart Hospital.
- There are 308 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morning Glory Care Home, Marc Center, and Ashton Gardens Assisted Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1053 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Alta Mesa Country Club, Dreamland Villa Golf Course, and Arizona Golf Resort & Conference Center, The.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Mesa Regal RV Resort, Palm Gardens 55+ Manufactured Housing Community & Mobile Home Park, and Twin Palms RV Park.
- There are 248 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Mesa, Brown Road Baptist Church, and Saguaro Hills Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 283 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 165 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,796, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,493, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,761, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mesa receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Mesa has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Mesa has a dense population density of 3,368.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mesa have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Mesa has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.52%.