Senior Living in Mexico, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mexico, PA: 17056
- Mexico scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mexico scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Locust Grove Retirement Village, Brookline Manor and Rehabilitative Services, and Pine Creek Personal Care Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Lost Creek Golf Club, Indian Run Golf Course, and Lewistown Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Buttonwood Campground and Little Buffalo State Park).
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Dial-A-Prayer, Aldersgate United Methodist, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.78% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,560, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,906, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,251, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.94%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mexico receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mexico has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mexico has a dense population density of 1,523.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mexico have a very short daily commute time.
- Mexico has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.