Senior Living in Miami, Florida
- Miami scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Miami scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including Metropolitan Hospital Of Miami, Kindred Hospital-coral Gables, and Windmoor Healthcare Of Miami.
- There are 276 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Princess Gardens Assisted Living Facility, Elia\'s Home Care, and Lourdes Residence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2490 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Granada Golf Course, Biltmore, The, and Fisher Island Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Gifford Arboretum, Tropical Park, and Maximo Gomez Park.
- There are 319 churches in or near the city, including La Catedral Del Pueblo, Iglesia Bautista Getsemani, and University Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 854 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 199 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.67% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,648, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,511, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,825, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,580 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,477 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Miami receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Miami has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Miami has a dense population density of 7,506.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Miami have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Miami has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.67%.