Senior Living in Middle River, Maryland
Top zip codes in Middle River, MD: 21220
- Middle River scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Middle River scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franklin Square Hospital Center, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, and The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- There are 137 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hopkins Village Elderly, Woodlands Assisted Living, and Oakwood Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 462 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Point Golf Course, Mountain Branch Golf Course, and Mt. Vista Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Marshy Point Nature Center, Hart-Miller Island State Park, and North Point State Park.
- There are 383 churches in or near the city, including Middle River Baptist Church, St Matthew Lutheran Church, and Faith Lutheran Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 324 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 158 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,660, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,533, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,407, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.93%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middle River receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Middle River has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Middle River has a dense population density of 1,818.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middle River have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Middle River has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.69%.