Senior Living in Middlebury, Indiana
Top zip codes in Middlebury, IN: 46540
- Middlebury scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Middlebury scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Oaklawn Psychiatric Center and Iu Health Goshen Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crystal Valley Manor, Greencroft Middleburg, and Courtyard Healthcare Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Spring Meadow Farm Golf Course, Sims Oak Hills Golf Club, and Raber Golf Course(Blue/White Course at Raber Golf Course ).
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Krider \"World’s Fair\" Garden, Elkhart Co. / Middlebury KOA, and Eby\'s Pines RV Park & Campground.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Middlebury Church-Brethren, First Mennonite Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,673, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,002, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,263, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,460 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,759 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,620 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middlebury receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Middlebury has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Middlebury has a sparse population density of 191.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middlebury have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Middlebury has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.21%.