Senior Living in Middlebury, Vermont
Top zip codes in Middlebury, VT: 05753
- Middlebury scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Middlebury scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Porter Hospital, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eastview at Middlebury, Helen Porter Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and The Residence at Otter Creek.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Ralph Myhre Golf Course, The, Basin Harbor Club, and Neshobe Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Rivers Bend Campground, Lake Dunmore Kampersville, and Branbury State Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Cornwall Congregational Church Ucc, Church of Wildwood, and Cornwall Congregational Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,213, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,245, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,989, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middlebury receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Middlebury has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Middlebury has a sparse population density of 123.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middlebury have a very short daily commute time.
- Middlebury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.02%.