Senior Living in Middleport, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Middleport, PA: 17953
- Middleport scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Middleport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orwigsburg Center, Seton Manor, and Schuylkill Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, and Mahoning Valley Golf.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Locust Lake State Park, Tuscarora State Park, and Christmas Pines Campground.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Searing David A, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and Kratz Daniel G.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,034, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,375, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,060, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.48%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middleport receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Middleport has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Middleport has a very sparse population density of 34.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middleport have a long daily commute time.
- Middleport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.93%.