Senior Living in Middlesex, New York
Top zip codes in Middlesex, NY: 14507
- Middlesex scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Middlesex scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (F F Thompson Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Penn Yan Manor Nursing Home , The Homestead at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, and Ferris Hills at West Lake.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Majestic Hills Golf Course, Reservoir Creek Golf Course, and Center Pointe Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including RMSC Cumming Nature Center, 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, and Keuka Lake State Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Federated Church, St Januarius Church, and Tyrrell James F.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.28% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,493, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,750, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,733, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.52%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middlesex receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Middlesex has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Middlesex has a very sparse population density of 41.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middlesex have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Middlesex has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.65%.