Senior Living in Middleton, Idaho
Top zip codes in Middleton, ID: 83644
- Middleton scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Middleton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (West Valley Medical Center).
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ashley Manor - Middleton, Markham Residential Care, and Country Time Assisted Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Purple Sage Municipal Golf Course, Fairview Municipal Golf Course, and Broadmore Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Caldwell Campground & RV Park, Fairview Golf Course, and Memorial Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Canyon Springs Middleton Christian Church, Calvary Chapel of Middleton, and Canyon Springs Christian Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.61% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,487, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,025, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,989, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.77%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middleton receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Middleton has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Middleton has a sparse population density of 197.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middleton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Middleton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.11%.