Senior Living in Middletown, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Middletown, NJ: 07748
- Middletown scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Middletown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Riverview Medical Center, Bayshore Community Hospital, and Monmouth Medical Center.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbor Terrace of Middletown, Brighton Gardens of Middletown, and We Care Adult Care, Inc..
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 531 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 120 golf courses in or around the city, including Navesink Country Club, Blue/Red Course at Bamm Hollow Country Club, and Beacon Hill Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Holmdel Park, Thompson Park, and Hartshorne Park.
- There are 209 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Church, New Monmouth Baptist Church, and St Catherine\'s Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 239 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 220 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $135,404, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $104,007, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,452, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.39%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middletown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Middletown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Middletown has a dense population density of 2,095.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middletown have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Middletown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.32%.