Senior Living in Middletown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Middletown, PA: 17057
- Middletown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Middletown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pinnacle Health Hospitals, and Harrisburg State Hospital.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Frey Village, The Middletown Home, and Middletown Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 278 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Golf Course, Valley Green Golf Course, and Dauphin Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA, Hershey Gardens, and Reservoir Park.
- There are 412 churches in or near the city, including Geyers United Methodist Church, Seven Sorrows Bvm Church, and Evangelical United Methodist.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 152 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 103 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,869, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,112, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,562, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.23%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Middletown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Middletown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Middletown has an average population density of 660.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Middletown have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Middletown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.68%.