Senior Living in Midlothian, Maryland
Top zip codes in Midlothian, MD: 21543
- Midlothian scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Midlothian scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Western Maryland Regional Medical Center, Sacred Heart Hospital, and Thomas B Finan Center.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Frostburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Assisted Living at Frostburg , and Egle Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (41% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplehurst Country Club, Fore Sisters Golf Club, and Cumberland Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Dans Mountain State Park, Dans Mountain Wildlife Management Area, and New Germany State Park.
- There are 64 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Assembly of God, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Frostburg United Methodist Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,442, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,375, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,090, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,060 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Midlothian receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Midlothian has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Midlothian has a sparse population density of 102.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Midlothian have a very short daily commute time.
- Midlothian has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.83%.