Senior Living in Midway, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Midway, PA: 15060
- Midway scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Midway scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital-pittsburgh, Mayview State Hospital, and Canonsburg General Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Guiding Heart , Country Meadows of South Hills of Pittsburgh, and Country Meadows of South Hills.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 206 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 98 golf courses in or around the city, including Fort Cherry Golf Club, Quicksilver Golf Club, and Village Green G4050 Henderson Rdolf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Heritage Park, Leopold Lake Park, and Settlers Cabin Park.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including Calvary United Presbyterian, St Alphonsus Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 85 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,712, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,981, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,160, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.23%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Midway receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Midway has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Midway has a dense population density of 2,408.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Midway have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Midway has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.72%.