Senior Living in Milan, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Milan, NH: 03588
- Milan scores significantly lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Milan scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Androscoggin Valley Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Coos County Nursing Home, St. Vincent De Paul Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Granite State Independent.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Waumbek Golf Club, Androscoggin Valley Country Club, and Coashaukee Course at Balsams Grand Resort Hotel, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Milan Hill State Park, Nansen Wayside Park, and Jericho Mountain State Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Community Bible Academy, United Church of Christ, and Orthodox Church of Holy Resurrection.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,363, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,793, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,034, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Milan receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Milan has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Milan has a very sparse population density of 11.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Milan have an average daily commute time.
- Milan has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.21%.