Senior Living in Milford, Connecticut
- Milford scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Milford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Milford Hospital, Inc, Va Connecticut Healthcare Syst, and Southwest Ct Mental Hlth Syst.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including West River Health Care Center, Carriage Green at Milford, and Carriage Green at Milford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 485 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Mill Stone Country Club, Great River Golf Club, and Orchard\'s, The.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Silver Sands State Park, Indian Well State Park, and Edgewood Park.
- There are 309 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ-Devon, Grace Baptist Church, and Cornerstone Christian Ctr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 333 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 158 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,086, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,966, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,885, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.17%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Milford receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Milford has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Milford has a dense population density of 2,277.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Milford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Milford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.48%.