Senior Living in Milford, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Milford, PA: 18337
- Milford scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Milford scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Belle Reve Senior Living, Reve Belle Senior Living Center, and Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Cliff Park Inn & Golf Course, Rock View Public Golf Club, and Highpoint Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including George W. Childs Park, Rockview Valley Campground, and Camp Simcha.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, St Patricks Church, and St Vincent\'s Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,402, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,969, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,615, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.49%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Milford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Milford has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Milford has a sparse population density of 184.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Milford have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Milford has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.20%.