Senior Living in Millburn, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Millburn, NJ: 07041
- Millburn scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Millburn scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 32 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital, Irvington General Hospital, and Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
- There are 191 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South Mountain Hc, Retirement Strategies Group, LLC, and Stratford Manor Rehabilitation and Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1730 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 149 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplewood Country Club, Millburn Municipal Golf Course, and East Orange Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including South Mountain Reservation, Becker Park, and Eagle Rock Reservation.
- There are 783 churches in or near the city, including St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church, Congregation B\'Nai Israel, and Wyoming Presbyterian Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1063 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 46 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 428 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $141,475, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $105,888, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $53,221, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.25%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Millburn receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Millburn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Millburn has a dense population density of 5,210.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Millburn have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Millburn has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.80%.