Senior Living in Millers Falls, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Millers Falls, MA: 01349
- Millers Falls scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Millers Falls scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Farren Care Center, Poet\'s Seat Health Care Center, and Buckley Healthcare Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club, Country Club of Greenfield, The, and Meadows Golf Course, The.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Connecticut River Greenway State Park, Northfield Mountain Ski Center, and Wendell State Forest.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including 2Nd Pentecostal Church Alpha, Our Lady of Czestochowas Ch, and Our Lady of Peace Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,091, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,136, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,891, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.47%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Millers Falls receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Millers Falls has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Millers Falls has a sparse population density of 142.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Millers Falls have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Millers Falls has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.39%.