Senior Living in Millersville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Millersville, MD: 21108
- Millersville scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Millersville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crownsville Hospital Center, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, and Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- There are 166 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including HeartLands Assisted Living at Severna Park, Brightview Severna Park, and Quality Life Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 459 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 92 golf courses in or around the city, including Chartwell Golf & Country Club, Eisenhower Golf Course, and Sherwood Forest Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Washington DC / Capitol KOA, Kinder Farm Park, and Fort Smallwood Park.
- There are 402 churches in or near the city, including Anchor Baptist Church, Christ Lutheran Church, and Baldwin Memorial United Meth.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 244 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 182 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $130,765, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,906, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $47,389, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.92%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Millersville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Millersville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Millersville has an average population density of 1,374.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Millersville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Millersville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.68%.