Senior Living in Milton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Milton, PA: 17847
- Milton scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Milton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Geisinger Medical Center, Danville State Hospital, and Evangelical Community Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Milton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Riverwoods, and Warrior Run Heritage House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Frosty Valley Country Club, and Liberty Valley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Milton State Park, Central Oak Heights, and Splash Magic Campground.
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, First Presbyterian Church, and Burnett Kenneth A.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,390, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,765, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,461, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Milton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Milton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Milton has a sparse population density of 256.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Milton have a very short daily commute time.
- Milton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.01%.