Senior Living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Milwaukee scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Milwaukee scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 24 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sinai Samaritan Medical Center, Wheaton Franciscan, Inc- St Joseph, and Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital.
- There are 302 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, Residential Living Services, and Creative Living Environments.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 815 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 87 golf courses in or around the city, including Doyne Park Golf Course, Dineen Park Golf Course, and Lake Park Golf Course.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Urban Ecology Center - Washington Park, Pere Marquette Park, and Elsa\'s On the Park.
- There are 654 churches in or near the city, including Bethesda Baptist Church, Christian Union Missionary Chr, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 401 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 177 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,360, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,025, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,022, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,930 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $121,545 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.27%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Milwaukee receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Milwaukee has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Milwaukee has a dense population density of 5,966.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Milwaukee have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Milwaukee has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 83.26%.