Senior Living in Mineral Point, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mineral Point, PA: 15942
- Mineral Point scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mineral Point scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upmc Lee Regional and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rebekah Manor Personal Care Facilities, Johnstown Housing Authority, and Brookside Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Appledale Public Golfing, Richland Greens Golf Center, and Maple Crest Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Woodland Park, Johnstown Flood National Memorial, and Stackhouse Park.
- There are 86 churches in or near the city, including Mt Hope United Methodist Chr, First United Methodist Church, and Wesley United Methodist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,007, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,426, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,690, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.05%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mineral Point receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mineral Point has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mineral Point has a sparse population density of 112.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mineral Point have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Mineral Point has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.35%.