Senior Living in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Minneapolis scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Minneapolis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hennepin County Medical Center, Phillips Eye Institute, and Children\'s Hospitals & Clinics/mpls.
- There are 328 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Villa at Bryn Mawr, Keystone Senior Living, and The Kenwood .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1221 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 154 golf courses in or around the city, including TPC of The Twin Cities, Theodore Wirth Golf Course (Eighteen Hole Course at Theodore Wirth Golf Course), and Minikahda Club, The.
- There are 51 parks near the city center, including Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, Loring Park, and Kenwood Park.
- There are 647 churches in or near the city, including Minneapolis Central Chr-Christ, Temple Israel, and Lake of the Isles Lutheran Chr.
- There are 33 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 552 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 318 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.37% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,547, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,688, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,951, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.28%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Minneapolis receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Minneapolis has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Minneapolis has a dense population density of 4,741.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Minneapolis have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Minneapolis has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.51%.