Senior Living in Monessen, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Monessen, PA: 15062
- Monessen scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Monessen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Monongahela Valley Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Brownsville General Hospital.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hallsworth House , Eastgate Manor, and Valley Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Gold Course at Cedarbrook Golf Course, Willowbrook Golf Course, and Monongahela Valley Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Round Hill Park and Hazelbaker Recreational Services).
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including Epiphany Church, United Methodist Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,765, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $31,875, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,893, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.18%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monessen receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Monessen has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Monessen has a dense population density of 2,300.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monessen have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Monessen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.71%.