Senior Living in Monmouth, Maine
Top zip codes in Monmouth, ME: 04259
- Monmouth scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Monmouth scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center, Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, and The Meadows.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows Golf Club, The, Springbrook Golf Club, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including The Birches Campground, Beaver Brook Campground, and More To Life Campground.
- There are 40 churches in or near the city, including Packard Activity Center, North Monmouth Community Chr, and United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,489, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,837, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,827, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monmouth receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Monmouth has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Monmouth has a sparse population density of 111.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monmouth have an average daily commute time.
- Monmouth has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.67%.