Senior Living in Monroe, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Monroe, CT: 06468
- Monroe scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Monroe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Griffin Hospital, St Vincent\'s Medical Center, and Bridgeport Hospital.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Meadows Trumbull, Masonicare at Newtown, and MasoniCare at Newtown.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 362 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 124 golf courses in or around the city, including Whitney Farms Golf Club, Harry R. Brownson Country Club, and Highland Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Indian Well State Park, Kettletown State Park, and Huntington State Park.
- There are 241 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 208 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 133 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $134,772, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $108,478, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,908, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.59%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monroe receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Monroe has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Monroe has an average population density of 747.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monroe have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Monroe has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.01%.