Senior Living in Monroe, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Monroe, NH: 03771
- Monroe scores significantly higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Monroe scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital, Northeastern Vermont Reg Hosp, and Littleton Regional Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Canterbury Inn, St Johnsbury House, and Sunset Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Lisbon Village Country Club, St. Johnsbury Country Club, and Sunset Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Littleton / Lisbon KOA, Crazy Horse Campground, and Stephen Huneck Gallery @ Dog Mountain.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Bailey Noel Rev, Presbyterian Church of Barnet, and Universalist Unitarian Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,634, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,080, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,863, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monroe receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Monroe has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Monroe has a very sparse population density of 34.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monroe have a long daily commute time.
- Monroe has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.28%.