Senior Living in Monroe, New York
Top zip codes in Monroe, NY: 10950
- Monroe scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Monroe scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orange Regional Medical Center, Cornwall Hospital, and St Anthony Community Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Smithclove Ira, Maplewood, and Glen Arden.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 129 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Monroe Country Club, Golf Club at Mansion Ridge, The, and Central Valley Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Goose Pond Mountain State Park, The Rock Sports Park, and Sterling Forest.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Monroe Temple of Judaism, Sacred Heart Church, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 72 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $91,203, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,313, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,755, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monroe receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Monroe has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Monroe has an average population density of 1,297.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monroe have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Monroe has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.01%.