Senior Living in Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Monroeville, PA: 15146
- Monroeville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Monroeville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Grtr Pitts Rehab, Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus, and Upmc Braddock.
- There are 111 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ManorCare Health Services-Monroeville, Golden LivingCenter - Monroeville, and Harbour Assisted Living/monroeville .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 590 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Maple Crest Golf Course, Churchill Valley Country Club, and Alcoma Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Boyce Park, White Oak Park, and Sycamore Island.
- There are 346 churches in or near the city, including Monroeville Baptist Church, Grace Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 239 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 206 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,681, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,111, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,386, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monroeville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Monroeville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Monroeville has an average population density of 1,437.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monroeville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Monroeville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.77%.