Senior Living in Montclair, New Jersey
- Montclair scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Montclair scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 42 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mountainside Hospital, Essex County Hospital Center, and Clara Maass Medical Center.
- There are 251 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Horizon Manor South, Little Nursing Home, and Essex House of Montclair.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2212 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 188 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Ridge Country Club, The East/West Course at Upper Montclair Country Club, and Forest Hill Field Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Eagle Rock Reservation, Grover Cleveland Park, and Becker Park.
- There are 914 churches in or near the city, including Bahai Community of Montclair, Montclair Community Church, and St James\' Episcopal Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1497 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 65 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 526 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $150,136, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $102,323, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $56,453, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Montclair receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Montclair has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Montclair has a dense population density of 5,724.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montclair have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Montclair has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.36%.