Senior Living in Montezuma, New York
Top zip codes in Montezuma, NY: 13117
- Montezuma scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Montezuma scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Auburn Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Seneca Falls Community Residence, Cayuga County Nursing Home, and Finger Lakes Center For Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Seneca Falls Country Club, Indian Head Golf Course, and Meadowbrook Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, Cayuga Lake State Park, and Emerson Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church First, St Joseph\'s Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,564, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,389, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,232, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.13%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Montezuma receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Montezuma has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Montezuma has a sparse population density of 230.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montezuma have a long daily commute time.
- Montezuma has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.63%.