Senior Living in Montgomery, Alabama
- Montgomery scores higher than the Alabama average of 72.
- Montgomery scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Va Central Alabama Healthcare System - Montgomery, Jackson Hospital & Clinic Inc, and Baptist Medical Center East.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Living Center - Montgomery, Hillview Terrace, and Crowne Health Care of Montgomery.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 227 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Bonnie Crest Country Club, Montgomery Country Club, and West Course at Cypress Tree Golf Course.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Oak Park, College Street Park, and Vaughn Road Park.
- There are 352 churches in or near the city, including Highland Avenue Baptist Church, Capitol Heights Baptist Church, and Bethany Sda Community Svc.
- There are 32 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 97 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Alabama has an average state income tax of 3.95%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,560, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,205, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,721, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,800 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,449 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,980 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Montgomery receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Montgomery has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Montgomery has an average population density of 1,293.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montgomery have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Montgomery has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.25%.