Senior Living in Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Montgomery, PA: 17752
- Montgomery scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Montgomery scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center, Susquehanna Health System, and Muncy Valley Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including WEST HOUSE Personal Care Home, Loyalsock Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Elmcroft of Loyalsock.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, Williamsport Country Club, and Turbot Hills Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Paws Park, Susquehanna State Park, and Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA.
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including Fox Clayton M, First United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Lutheran-Brick Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,800, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,701, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,570, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.51%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Montgomery receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Montgomery has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Montgomery has a sparse population density of 130.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montgomery have a short daily commute time.
- Montgomery has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.97%.