Senior Living in Monticello, New York
Top zip codes in Monticello, NY: 12701
- Monticello scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Monticello scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Catskill Regional Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing, Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F, and Country Gardens Apartments.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Kutsher\'s Country Club, The Challenger Course at Concord Resort & Golf Club, and Forestburgh Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Holiday Mountain Ski Area, Hilltop Farm Campsites, and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, United Methodist Churchof Mont, and Catholic Charities Family.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,295, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,163, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,136, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.51%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Monticello receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Monticello has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Monticello has a sparse population density of 196.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Monticello have a short daily commute time.
- Monticello has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.04%.