Senior Living in Montpelier, Vermont
Top zip codes in Montpelier, VT: 05602
- Montpelier scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Montpelier scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Central Vermont Medical Center and Central Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gary Home, Heaton Woods, and Westview Meadows at Montpelier.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Montpelier Elks Country Club, Northfield Country Club, and Country Club of Barre.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including U-32 High School Wood Lot, Green Valley Campground, and CC Putnam State Forest.
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Websterville Baptist Christian School, and Unitarian Church of Montpelier.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,263, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,757, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,407, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Montpelier receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Montpelier has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Montpelier has a sparse population density of 146.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montpelier have a very short daily commute time.
- Montpelier has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.93%.