Senior Living in Montrose, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Montrose, PA: 18801
- Montrose scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Montrose scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Montrose General Hospital and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC. and Gracious Living Estates)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Montrose Club, The, Tall Pines Players Club, and Conklin Players Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Salt Springs Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (W Burlington United Methodist and Acre Lake Baptist Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,073, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,379, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,030, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Montrose receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Montrose has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Montrose has a very sparse population density of 50.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montrose have an average daily commute time.
- Montrose has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.00%.