Senior Living in Moosic, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Moosic, PA: 18507
- Moosic scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Moosic scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Moses Taylor Hospital, Mercy Hospital Scranton, and Community Medical Center.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakwood Terrace, Mountain View Care Center, and Scranton Health Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 281 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Glenmaura National Golf Course, Eighteen Hole Course at Pine Hills Country Club, and East Course at Pocono Manor Inn & Golf Resort.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Steamtown National Historic Site, Nay Aug Park, and McDade Park.
- There are 126 churches in or near the city, including Hricko Michael A, St Francis Church, and St Mary\'s of the Assumption.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 114 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 98 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,646, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,159, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,652, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.46%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Moosic receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Moosic has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Moosic has an average population density of 502.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Moosic have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Moosic has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.73%.