Senior Living in Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Morgantown, PA: 19543
- Morgantown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Morgantown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Reading Hospital Medical Center, and Reading Hospital And Med Ctr.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunny Crest Homes, Woodland Heights Retirement Community, and Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 168 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 105 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Hills Golf Course, Stonewall, and Honey Brook Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lake-In-Wood Campground, Nolde Forest State Park, and Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site.
- There are 134 churches in or near the city, including Harmony United Methodist Chr, Morgantown Community Church, and Conestoga Mennonite Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 136 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 67 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,347, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,260, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,268, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.68%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Morgantown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Morgantown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Morgantown has a sparse population density of 266.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Morgantown have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Morgantown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.60%.