Senior Living in Morris, New York
Top zip codes in Morris, NY: 13808
- Morris scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Morris scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chasehealth , Heritage at The Plains at Parish Homestead, and Heritage at The Plains at Parish Homestead.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Cee Jay Golf Course, Riverbend Golf Course, and Woodhaven Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Gilbert Lake State Park, Meadow-Vale Campsites, and Deer Haven Campground & Cabins.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (1St Baptist Church and Episcopal Rectory E Main).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,910, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,217, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,612, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.82%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Morris receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Morris has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Morris has a very sparse population density of 48.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Morris have a short daily commute time.
- Morris has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.89%.