Senior Living in Morton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Morton, PA: 19070
- Morton scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Morton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 36 hospitals within close range of the city, including Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, and Crozer Chester Medical Center.
- There are 183 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Swarthmo Senior Center, Haskins House, and Conner Williams Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1293 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 170 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Green Golf Club, Springfield Country Club, and Springhaven Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Governor Printz Park, and Taylor Memorial Arboretum.
- There are 626 churches in or near the city, including Battle Edward E, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chr, and Calvary Independent Baptist.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 864 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 38 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 381 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,477, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,977, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,911, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.15%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Morton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Morton has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Morton has a dense population density of 6,713.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Morton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Morton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.04%.