Senior Living in Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mount Bethel, PA: 18343
- Mount Bethel scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mount Bethel scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clover Rest Home, The Chelsea at Brookfield, and Slate Belt Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Mountain Golf & Country Club, Water Gap Country Club, and Glenwood Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Weona Park, Worthington State Forest, and Pocono Vacation Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Christ Evangelical Lutheran, Mackey Memorial Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Mt Carmel.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,981, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,924, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,398, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.44%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mount Bethel receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mount Bethel has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mount Bethel has a sparse population density of 179.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mount Bethel have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Mount Bethel has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.73%.