Senior Living in Mount Freedom, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Mount Freedom, NJ: 07970
- Mount Freedom scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Mount Freedom scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Morristown Memorial Hospital, Greystone Park Psych Hospital, and Saint Clare\'s Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Holly Manor Center, Alcott Manor, and Morris View Healthcare Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 395 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 128 golf courses in or around the city, including Mendham Golf & Tennis Club, Roxiticus Golf Club, and Spring Brook Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Morristown National Historical Park, Morristown Green, and Loantaka Brook Reservation.
- There are 184 churches in or near the city, including Brookside Community Church, St Matthew the Apostle Rc, and Mount Fern United Methodist.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 185 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 185 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $76,875, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,365, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mount Freedom receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mount Freedom has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Mount Freedom has a sparse population density of 479.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mount Freedom have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Mount Freedom has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.08%.