Senior Living in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mountain Top, PA: 18707
- Mountain Top scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mountain Top scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Special Care Hospital, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Smith Health Care Ltd, Mountain Top Senior Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 178 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, Wyoming Valley Country Club, and Sand Springs Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Nescopeck State Park, Kirby Park, and Moyers Grove Campground.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including Christ United Methodist Church, St Jude\'s Parish Ctr, and St Martin\'s in the Field.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 52 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,261, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,289, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,873, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mountain Top receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mountain Top has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mountain Top has a sparse population density of 312.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mountain Top have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Mountain Top has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.68%.