Senior Living in Mountville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mountville, PA: 17554
- Mountville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mountville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna, Lancaster Regional Medical Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hershey Mill Home, St Anne\'s Retirement Community, and Vineyard Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 211 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Conestoga Country Club, Crossgates Golf Course, and Olde Hickory Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Longs Park, Samuel S. Lewis State Park, and Lancaster County Central Park.
- There are 228 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr, Trinity United Church, and Vision of Hope McC.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 153 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 97 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,283, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,020, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,938, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mountville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mountville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mountville has a dense population density of 2,401.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mountville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Mountville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.79%.