Senior Living in Muir, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Muir, PA: 17957
- Muir scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Muir scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Blue Mountain View Golf Course, and Hidden Valley Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa, Swatara State Park, and Sweet Arrow Lake County Park.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, Trinity United Church-Christ, and St Peter\'s Evangelical Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,208, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,393, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,517, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Muir receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Muir has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Muir has a dense population density of 2,089.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Muir have a very long daily commute time.
- Muir has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.78%.