Senior Living in Mulberry, Kansas
Top zip codes in Mulberry, KS: 66756
- Mulberry scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Mulberry scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg Inc and Mount Carmel Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arma Health and Rehab, Medicalodges Frontenac, and Oakview Estates.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Crestwood Country Club, Four Oaks Golf Course, and Countryside Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Crawford State Fishing Lake Number One, Prairie State Park, and Pittsburg Parks Maintenance.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including All Faith Church, Arma United Methodist Church, and Arcadia Christian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,534, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $27,938, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,502, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.61%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mulberry receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mulberry has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mulberry has a very sparse population density of 49.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mulberry have a short daily commute time.
- Mulberry has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.86%.