Senior Living in Munnsville, New York
Top zip codes in Munnsville, NY: 13409
- Munnsville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Munnsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Oneida Healthcare Center and Community Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crouse Community Center, Oneida Healthcare, and Harding Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Barker Brook Golf Club, Oneida Community Golf Club, and Kanon Valley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cedar Valley Campsite, Cider House Campground, and Mount Hope Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including St Joan\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,339, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,130, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,584, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.03%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Munnsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Munnsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Munnsville has a very sparse population density of 68.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Munnsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Munnsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.58%.